It's hard to deny that the UAE and in particular Abu Dhabi and Dubai are destinations you simply must experience at least once in your life.
Personally I have travelled to Dubai many times and am left simply in awe of everything they achieve building and creating year after year, yet still able to enjoy the beautiful weather and lush beaches and coastline - it truly is by definition - an amazing destination.
Whilst we develop our new relationship with Marriott Hotels and Resorts it pleases me to bring you a selection of their properties enabling you to really enjoy this place of wonder - from Abu Dhabi with their world famous Mosque, Ferrari World and of course the F1 Grand Prix, to Downtown Dubai with the enourmas Mall of the Emirates featuring a 2 story aquarium, the dancing fountains and the world's tallest building the Burj Khalifa, or Jumeriah Beach with the man made Palm Island, Jumeirah Beach Walk and the Marina, we have a Marriott to suit your choice of location.
What's brilliant is that most of the attractions in Dubai are wheelchair accessible, including one of the beaches which has an access ramp, the Marina and JBR walk. (some road crossings are not accessible - be warned, taxi's are useful - and they have adapted ones in Dubai).
My preferred choice of Marriott Hotels:
- For Shopping, the City and Burj khalifa - JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai. A stunning Marriott full of great restaurants, spa and of course swimming pool.
- For the Beach - It's worth saving your pennies for that once in a life time trip and choose the Ritz-Carlton, Dubai. Situated right on Jumeirah beach, The walk, the Marina and near the Palm Island, you simply couldn't be placed better or in more stunning surroundings!
My Highlights for visiting Dubai:
- Mall of the Emirates - this enables you to be at the base of the Burj khalifa, see the dancing fountains water show, the Aquarium, enjoy some amazing food and if you get the chance - cocktails on the 122nd Floor of the Khalifa.
- Spend some time around Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Beach Walk - easy to wheel around if a wheelchair user, lots to see, drink, eat and do!
- Have Friday brunch in one of the hotels - research which hotels have brunch parties, the food spread is quite amazing.
- Visit the Atlantis hotel on the Palm, everyone including wheelchair users (I have) can swim with Dolphines and the lazy river in their water park is brilliant. You need assistance getting from a wheelchair onto a float, but once your in, you're in - float away down the rapids or up the flat water elevator and down the fun rides!
- Visit Abu Dhabi and the Grand Mosque - truly breathtaking.
- Visit the rugby 7's every Nov / Dec - probably the worlds biggest party! All stands wheelchair accessible.
- Visit the Gold Souk and other Souk's in old town Dubai / by the creek.
- There is much more to see and do - simply visit: https://www.visitdubai.com/en-uk/
Best time of year to visit:
- If you like heat then between the end of May to end of september temperatures steadily rise through the 30's, 40's and can sometimes top 50 degrees celcius in August! However, this may also mean prices for rooms can be slightly lower making it cheaper to travel.
- between November and April are the cooler months - mid twenties up to thirties, it's dry and pleasant heat.
The Ritz Carlton, Dubai, Ariel View.
About JW Marriott Hotels
At Marriott's most elegant and luxurious brand, little touches add up to exceptional experiences. JW Marriott luxury hotels and resorts provide business and leisure travelers with simple elegance, an inviting atmosphere, and a deluxe level of comfort and personal service on their terms.
About THE RITZ-CARLTON
100 years of history. Countless rewards. With an unshakeable credo and corporate philosophy of un-wavering commitment to service, both in our hotels and in our communities, The Ritz-Carlton has been recognized with numerous awards for being the gold standard of hospitality.
The Ritz-Carlton inspires life's most meaningful journeys.